Well here we go with summer again! I think I should just have a summer blog!
We have started swim team again this year! The kids are doing soooo awesome! We have 3 swimmers this year. Caden has been dying to join since last year watching Coltin and Carli cruise through the water. He is doing great for not having much swimming time. He competed in his first meet yesterday in Gooding. He swam in the backstroke and the freestyle. We will work up to butterfly and breaststroke. He swam his little heart out and I'm proud of him. He even competed in the relay! With only 2 boys in his age group at the meet he had to swim 2 lengths of the pool (all the other races he swims one length). He struggled a little but just flipped to his back to rest when he needed to and he made it! :-) Makes this momma proud!
Carli has improved leaps and bounds this year already! She came home yesterday with 3 blue first place ribbons in her backstroke, butterfly and freestyle. She had one third place ribbon in her breastroke! I have seen big improvements in her technique this year! For her relay she gets to swim with all the older girls and she holds her own with them too! They got 2 blue ribbons yesterday for their relays.
Coltin is a bullet in the water this year! He is swimming as one of the older kids in the 13-14 year olds. He came home with 4 blue ribbons in each of his races. He kept saying but they are going to beat me in this race! haha are ya sure? He has been swimming not only with the Barracudas but with the Magic Valley Marlins for extra practice and has been learning alot of technique from Coach Frank. Now he is having the dilemma of swimming high school swim team or football. It is his decision so we will see what he will do.
Cody likes to swim but not competitively. He would rather come and watch and support. Caden informed him that he would really like it if he could come to the meets cause he could sure use all the support he could get ! Cody has a new achievement. He has his license!! Wooo hooo now with that comes a new title! Errand boy! I love that he can drive and help me be in two places at once. It sure does take the pressure off and he loves it cause he gets to be a little more independent. I can't believe how much he is growing up and changing! He Makes me PROUD too!
Kevin and I are just busy busy working. He has changed dealerships and it is the best change in the world! He is so much happier and less stressed! Me I'm still slaving away but I do enjoy it, not all of it, but I am trying to have a good attitude about it.(some days that's extremely hard)
Over Memorial Day we went camping at Indian Springs with the Jacksons. We had lots of fun even though it did pour rain everyday. We got to try out our new camper and learned a few things about it so it was wonderful! We love having a trailer and being able to pull up and go when we can. We are trying to plan lots of camping trips even if they are short.
| Here are the boys playing a new game called BANG |
| A Serious Game of Lasso Golf while it's not raining |



1 comment:
. . . . . . . . . .
Post a Comment